Rice Pilaf with Japanese Mushrooms Recipe
1 cup Boiling water
1 oz Dried shiitake mushrooms
3/4 cup Wild rice, uncooked
1 tbs Dark sesame oil
1/2 cup Chopped onion
3/4 cup Long-grain rice, uncooked
3 tbs Low-sodium soy sauce
5 tsp Sesame seeds, toasted
* Combine water and mushrooms; cover and let stand 20 minutes. Drain, reserving mushroom liquid; add water to reserved liquid to yield 3 cups.
* Discard mushroom stems. Thinly slice mushroom caps; set aside.
* Rinse wild rice in 3 changes of hot water; drain. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add mushroom and onion; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Add reserved mushroom liquid; bring to a boil. Stir in wild rice.
* Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 40 minutes. Stir in long-grain rice; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce.
* Sprinkle with sesame seeds.