Crab and Salmon Sushi Recipe
1 kg Sushi rice, (2lb)
1 pkt Flat dried nori seaweed, suitable for rolling
Wasibi Japanese horseradish
Rice wine vinegar
4 tbs Soy sauce
1 x Wooden sushi roller
2 tbs Japanese pickled ginger
Japanese pickled ginger juice
Red peppers cut into batons
4 x Egg yolks, for an egg omelet
* Put the rice under a running tap of water and mix until water runs clear. Drain the rice and cover with water and bring to the boil, gently simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cover with the lid without mixing for
* Stir in salt and sugar together until dissolved and stir the mix into the cooled rice.
* Place a piece of the seaweed onto a sushi mat and spread 2/3 of the seaweed about 7mm thick, leaving a clear strip on one edge.
* Trim the salmon into batons and roll in a mixture of spring onions, red peppers and chives in the egg yolk omelet.
* Place in the rice and roll the seaweed, keeping it nice and tight. Add horseradish if you like and repeat the process with the crab.
* Cut into pieces and serve with a dip made from 2 tbsp pickled ginger, 4 tbsp of soy sauce and pickled ginger juice. You can add coriander and chili if you want to.